P25bestpractice.com is owned and operated by Tait Ltd.
Responsibility is not assumed for the collective opinions within this website or the P25 Best Practice Guides.
The material is for information purposes only, its content is of a general nature and is not a personalized consultancy service. It does not take into account your particular individual organisational or state/country related circumstances. We recommend seeking professional advice with respect to your specific P25 requirements.
Tait has no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the privacy policies of the Tait branded Websites or any third party in dependent sites.
Collection of Information
Tait collects personal information in four ways.
- You may voluntarily provide us with personal information such as your name, address, phone number, email address and other types of personal information when requesting or engaging in a service with us, sending us a communication, enquiring about employment opportunities, completing forms or surveys on the Tait Websites or by completing log-in and password details at any of our Tait Website sign-in facilities.If you subscribe to email notifications of updates to Tait Websites, you will need to disclose your email address, either to us or to a third party service that manages email notifications. Similarly, you may choose to disclose personal information when adding a post to a Tait Website or when commenting on the posts of others. Such information will be viewable by website administrators, certain Tait staff and, if published, members of the public. Please do not post or otherwise transmit personal information of a sensitive nature. If you do not want to receive e-mail, direct mail or targeted advertisements regarding our products and services, simply tell us when you provide your personal information or by following the directions on our Websites to remove your name from our mailing list(s).RSS or Atom feeds can be subscribed to without the need to disclose any personal information to us.
- We may automatically collect information about your visit to help us improve the Tait Websites This information includes:
- your IP address;
- the search terms you used;
- the pages you accessed on the Tait Websites and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the Tait Websites
- the previous website you visited;
- your operating system (e.g., Windows XP, Mac OSX); and
- the type of web browser you use (e.g., Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox).
- The Tait Websites may also use a marketing automation system using cookies to track website usage in order to provide customized information related to the specific interests of the website users. This system enables us to link automatically logged information with specific user information. See below for more information on cookies.
- We may also collect information about you from other available sources, such as public records or bodies.
Cookies and Your Privacy
We use these cookies for web analytics, for embedding YouTube videos and for our social media widgets.
You should be aware that some cookies are used to personally identify you, including where:
- you sign up to receive any of the P25 Best Practice guides
- you comment on the posts or replies of others
- you are logged into a social media account which may then log personal data about you (see social sharing)
Such identifiable information may be viewable by site administrators, certain Tait staff and, if published (in the case of comments), members of the public. Please note that email addresses of commenters are not made public through the commenting system we use.
The nature of the cookies used by this site is detailed below, along with ways to opt out of these cookies. We recommend you reject cookies from your browser side if you wish not to store cookies and still enjoy this website.
WordPress stores a session cookie when you arrive at the blog and also stores cookies when you comment or log in (to remember you for next time). WordPress also stores some other cookies for analysis of website usage.
Some information on WordPress cookies can be found here.
We use social sharing functions to allow you to share our content on social networking sites through ‘Facebook’, ‘Twitter’, ‘LinkedIn’ and via email. In order for this sharing to function we rely on external scripts. You should be aware that there is the potential for these sites to be collecting information about your internet browsing habits, even if you don’t click on any of the buttons. If you are signed into a service such as Google or Facebook you should find out how each of these sites uses your information.
Learn more about how to control cookies here.
Information on how to control cookies for each browser
Details on your choices regarding cookies, and how you can action them as listed below for popular web browsers:
Google Chrome – http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
Internet Explorer – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260971
Firefox – http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Safari – http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
Use of Information
We use the personal information we collect for marketing, research and administration purposes. We may send emails to specific users who have signed up to email notifications for the purpose of obtaining feedback on existing or proposed services or inviting input into content to be added to the website. Feedback is important and is used to evaluate and improve the website. If you provide feedback on the website directly to Tait, that feedback will be sent to appropriate staff at Tait. We may pass on relevant comments to other people within Tait who administer, have contributed content to, or are otherwise interested in, the website. This could include your email address and other identifying information.
We may also use the information we collect to help target valuable marketing and advertising offers. This kind of advertising may be done with banner ads as well as promotional emails sent by Tait, or by third parties under contract with Tait. Tait may also match user information with third party data to help us better understand our customers.
After analysing personal information and related statistical information we may use such information to make technical improvements to the website to improve our user experience.
Information may be shared with Tait personnel for instance in relation to the recruitment process.
We do not use or disclose your personal information for new purposes without giving you the opportunity to consent to those new purposes.
Data Storage and Disclosure
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we have taken appropriate steps to protect your personal information, Tait cannot ensure or otherwise warrant the security of any information you provide to us over the Tait Websites, and therefore you use such websites at your own risk.
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties we provide you with the means to opt-out of disclosure by visiting this url http://go.taitradio.com/UnsubscribePage.html
All our employees, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal information,
Access to the personal information we may hold about you
You can ask us, by sending an email (email@example.com) whether we are keeping personal information about you. Upon request, which you can indicate by sending an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal information which we keep about you. We will provide the information without any charge. We may require you to provide us with additional information and proof of identity in order to identify and release the information to you. We will endeavour to provide you with the information requested as soon as reasonably possible.
We allow you to question the information that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data erased (except where it relates to your purchase or credit history with us), rectified, amended, or completed.
Under law we may have the right to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal information. If we refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal information we will give reasons for our refusal. We do, however, allow you to challenge our decision to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal data.
If you are not satisfied with Tait’s response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner (see below).
Voluntarily committed to a Self Assessment procedure
Subject to an Independent Data Protection Authority supervision
Self Assessment Procedure
Address: 558 Wairakei Road, Christchurch 8053
Country: New Zealand
Email address: email@example.com
Independent Data Protection Authority supervision
Designation of the authority: The Office of the Privacy Commissioner
Address: P.O. Box 466, Auckland
Country: New Zealand
Name/designation: Commercial Manager
Address: 558 Wairakei Road, Christchurch, 8053 New Zealand Phone Number: +64 3 3583399
Fax Number: +64 3 358 0340
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response to your concern you may wish to contact The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (www.privacy.org.nz) or you may wish to contact Tait Communications Ethics office (email@example.com)
This Privacy Statement is subject to change without notice.