Preliminary system design
System architecture, functional requirements and some of the implementation requirements can now be integrated into preliminary system design. By now you should be able to define:
- technology (P25 conventional or trunked, Phase 1 or Phase 2),
- system architecture (single site, Simulcast, Multicast, hybrid),
- RF sites; existing or new (green), number and locations,
- channels per site – approximate number,
- consoles and auxiliary equipment (logging recorders) – numbers and location,
- dispatch equipment functionality,
- backhaul network architecture, approximate capacity and functionality,
- interoperability needs – participating organizations, their technologies and your desired level of integration,
- subscriber equipment – approximate quantities and functionalities,
- administrative (system management) desired features and functionality,
- diagnostic and maintenance features.
Click "NEXT" to learn about Talkgroup design or select a topic from the menu below.